In honor of Rexanna’s many years in education, her love for students and her passion to find a cure for lung cancer – Rexanna’s Foundation will be awarding college scholarships to students to go toward their tuition expenses. The amount and number of scholarships awarded will be set annually to be determined by the fundraising events of the previous year.
The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school of the student’s choice upon verification of enrollment. In 2007, Rexanna’s Foundation gave out 4 scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each, in 2008 the number more than doubled to 14 scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each. In the future because of support from individuals across the country our goal is to offer more scholarships in larger amounts to help support the goals of students impacted by cancer across the country.
College Scholarship Application for the year of 2017 – 18
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
All high school seniors who have personally been impacted by cancer or had a form of cancer.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate involvement in community service
- Document a track record of involvement in school (performing arts, athletics, visual arts or science, service organizations, clubs, etc.)
- Hold a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (and/or demonstrate the ability to succeed at the college level – SAT/ACT entrance exam scores, letters of recommendation)
- Application submitted by Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
In addition, all scholarship recipients will be required to supply documentation of the following:
- U.S. citizenship
- Acceptance to an accredited U.S. College or University
- Enrollment in college in the fall 2016 semester
*All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university of the award recipient*
Applications must be submitted online by the application deadline of Tuesday, April 18, 2017. Make sure to include all materials requested for the selection process (incomplete applications will not be considered). All materials received will not be returned.
When you will be notified:
Completed submissions will be reviewed by a screening committee based on criteria noted in the application. Finalists will be accepted by the selection committee.
In addition, recipients’ names will be posted on www.rexannasfoundation.org.
If selected as a finalist for the scholarship, your application is a release to use your photograph and essay information for posting on www.rexannasfoundation.org. The information will be used anonymously.