The mission of Rexanna’s Foundation for Fighting Lung Cancer is to financially support efforts dedicated to eliminating lung cancer, improving detection methods and enhancing the quality of life for lung cancer patients. Rexanna’s Foundation is dedicated to improving public awareness of all facets of lung cancer, including research, patient care, education, prevention and survivorship. Rexanna’s Foundation is committed to supporting lung cancer research at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center with specific direction as designated by the Board of Directors.
- To raise funds for lung cancer research and education at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- To raise awareness of the need for continued research.
- To provide patient and family support.
- To promote early detection and prevention.
- To provide hope for individuals facing lung cancer.
- To provide educational support to raise awareness and reduce smoking rates among children and young adults.
- To influence local, state and federal policy regarding funding for lung cancer research.
- To pursue other endeavors to make a positive impact on lung cancer research and/or patient care.